For each cocktail I have researched into I wanted to make sure I have the objects relating to the story. First, I decided on the most ‘photographable’ cocktails from what I have researched.
For all the drinks I will get from either a supermarket or The Whisky Exchange.
- Black satin background: as this was created in response to Prince Alberts Death I felt this would be appropriate, as it will mirror the dresses Victoria wore post Albert’s death.
- Black lace: to add texture to the background.
- Guinness (or other Stout) and Champagne: the ingredients for the drink.
- Champagne flute: how you serve the drink
- Orange blossom: this was part of the first gift Albert gave to Victoria. Also to represent the white flowers she put on his bed after his death maybe in a wreath to mimic the headwear she wore on their wedding day
- Gold & Porcelain Brooch: Again part of the first gift Albert gave to Victoria
- Maybe something blue: to represent the blue room Albert died in
I would like it to be quite simple so I don’t want too many objects in the photograph.
For the orange blossom I will buy from Etsy an online craft market place. Similarly with the brooch and material. Otherwise I might buy the material from a craft or sewing shop.
- Tomato juice/vodka/salt/pepper/celery/ice: the ingredients
- Shaker/strainer/measurer/lemon squeezer/knife/stirer: bar material
- White dress: for the evening gown
- Bracelet/necklace: to mirror the evening gown
- Collins glass
- Volley ball or sports related image
- Bar floor/chopping board: background
- Gin/maraschino liqueur/creme de violette/lemons: ingredients
- Cocktail cherries?
- Cocktail glass
- Aviator glasses
- Blue background: mirror sky
- Coffee beans/vodka/coffee liqueur/sugar syrup: ingredients
- Coffee machine equipment
- Party items eg party poppers: representing the ‘f**k me up”
- Martini glass
- Bar top background?
- Gin/lemon juice/blackberry liqueur/ blackberries/crushed ice: ingredients
- Basket: blackberry picking
- Bramble/flowers: English countryside
- Plasters: where he cut himself.
- Grass or picnic bench or gingham background? Gingham in Europe and US has been a associated with country and wholesome image.
- Tumbler glass
- Smirnoff/ginger beer/lime: ingredients
- Copper mug
- Polaroids (polaroid camera)
- Money or dollars?
Remember The Maine
I’m not completely sure if I would like to photograph this cocktail but while I am still deciding and photographing the other cocktails I will put my ideas down:
- Flags: Spanish/USA/Cuban as this cocktail was inspired by the sinking of the battleship the Maine which prompted the war between Spain and the US over Cuba as a territory I feel it is best to have the three flags, either as the background – although this could be very garish and/or distracting. Or to have three mini flags.
- Absinthe, bourbon, cherry liqueur & martini rosso: ingredients for the drink
- Battleship: to represent the Maine
- Cocktail glass/coupe