I tried some more practice of composition of flat lays.
I haven’t been able to get the objects yet so for some things I was using placeholders like pounds instead of dollars, Worchestershire sauce for ginger beer (in the Moscow Mule). In the Black Velvet I used a black vest top instead of a silk black background, cords for the flowers, portable hairbrush for the brooch and a wine glass for the Champagne flute. For this I used my phone but it was hard because my phone has a wider than a camera.
I feel like my technique is improving – I just need to keep at it and get the real objects to truly get the right objects.